Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wonderful Tonight

last night, my 2-year old sang to me the last verse of "Wonderful Tonight."

there are some things in this world that I wish I could capture permanently within my memory, like computer files.  This was one of those things.  While she sang to me, she looked me dead-in-the-eye.  And she sang so purely.  It was the right pitch, it wasn't the right chord, but she sang from the truest part of her.  She didn't even know it - but I could tell.

it was... well... wonderful.  So much so that I teared up.
there are some things in this world that I wish I could capture permanently within my memory.  Her singing to me last night is one of them.

thank you, kiddo, for doing that.  You always tend to make Daddy's heart sing with proud joy - but last night, I saw your sincerity.  And it was so humbling to see.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home